Title: Shattered (Stolen Breaths #2)
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Scheduled to release: October 14, 2014
Close your eyes for a moment and picture this.
A gorgeous redhead walks into a bar.
No, wait, a wedding reception.
A gorgeous redhead walks into a wedding reception. Poised, polished and flawless – on the outside.
He’s tall, dark, and handsome, exactly like a fairytale prince and he won’t take no for an answer as he leads her to the dance floor.
But this will be no ordinary dance and theirs is no ordinary story. What begins as rhythmic steps on a dance floor fluidly and beautifully becomes the rhythm of two hearts meant to beat as one.
Until the music stops.
In a moment everything she’s put behind her comes crashing down, threatening to destroy what his love has helped repair and rebuild.
Life throws punches and it hits hard when you least expect it.
What they learn is that sometimes, in order to be truly whole, you have to first be shattered to your very core.
“Good Vibrations” by Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch – this song is near the beginning and it was chosen because Joe is a guy who loves giving people a good time and he wanted to have some fun. It’s where he began tearing down Maggie’s walls because all he wants to do is make her smile.
“3 Wishes” by Dave Thomas Junior
“Love Runs Out” by One Republic
“Faster” by Matt Nathanson
“You and Me” by Lifehouse
“If I Needed You” by Emmylou Harris
“Storm” by Lifehouse
1. Shattered was co-written by cousins who live in different cities and hadn’t seen each other or talked to one another (outside of perhaps an occasional Facebook like or comment) in over 15 years.
2. Joe’s character was loosely based on Deanna and her sense of humor. Several times Pam would text her saying “OMG! You ARE Joe!” Pam became Joe during the writing of this book too, though, trust us.
3. Some of the scenes in this book are based on factual events in the lives of the authors (names have been changed to protect the innocent, as well as the guilty). Except that candle off the headboard thing… that never happened…
4. There really ARE websites where you can find thousands of horrible, corny jokes.
5. Joe is Pam’s dream man. Period. Please don’t tell her husband.
6. This book was written a chapter at a time through email and text messages. Thank God for technology!
7. Ms. Sophie cannot be trusted, don’t let her innocent charm fool you!
8. We love the way Joe’s humor balanced Maggie’s heavy emotional load throughout Shattered.
9. We both really want to hang out with Cooper, Joe and Hayden.
10. Pam is in charge of all love scenes while Deanna sticks to humor and tragedy. If Deanna tried to write a love scene it would just BE a tragedy. So…
About the Author:
I grew up in Alabama and have always been an avid reader. I had a stack of those Little Golden Books and I can remember reading Three Little Kittens over and over and over again. It was my favorite.
Fast forward and the older I got the more in love with books I became. So, I’m admitting that I am a huge nerd. The only reading I don’t like are those math word problems. And I’m okay with that because no one has ever asked me in real life… “If I give you two bananas and take away six apples, how long will it take the southbound train to collide with the northbound train if Johnny left his house at midnight?” It just doesn’t happen.
So, yeah, books are my thing.