The countdown has begun, it is just 205 short days until Fifty Shades of Grey opens in theatres. I don’t know if there is anyone who doesn’t at least have a passing familiarity with Christian Grey and his red room of pain. This stratospherically successful trilogy which was loosely based on the unlikely but impossibly popular Twilight Series is set to open in theatres February 14, 2015.
Despite my own mixed feelings about the FSOG series, most accurately described as horrified fascination I find I am looking forward to the film adaptation. To which the first official trailer only whets the appetite.
In the meantime we have little choice but to revisit the series to be suitably prepared come Valentine’s Day.
When literature student Anastasia Steele goes to interview young entrepreneur Christian Grey, she encounters a man who is beautiful, brilliant, and intimidating. The unworldly, innocent Ana is startled to realize she wants this man and, despite his enigmatic reserve, finds she is desperate to get close to him. Unable to resist Ana’s quiet beauty, wit, and independent spirit, Grey admits he wants her, too—but on his own terms.
Shocked yet thrilled by Grey’s singular erotic tastes, Ana hesitates. For all the trappings of success—his multinational businesses, his vast wealth, his loving family—Grey is a man tormented by demons and consumed by the need to control. When the couple embarks on a daring, passionately physical affair, Ana discovers Christian Grey’s secrets and explores her own dark desires.
For more like Fifty Shades you may want to consider the following:
- In Flight (Up In the Air #1) – R.K. Lilley
- This Man (This Man #1) – Jodi Ellen Malpas
- Naked (The Blackstone Affair #1) – Raine Miller
- Gabriel’s Inferno (Gabriel’s Inferno #1)
- Thoughtless (Thoughtless #1) – S.C. Miller – Sylvan Renard
- The Siren (The Red Years Quartet #1) – Tiffany Reisz
- Beautiful Bastard (Beautiful Bastard #1) – Christina Lauren (RECOMMENDED)
- Knight & Play (Knight #1) – Kitty French
- Bared to You (Crossfire #1) – Sylvia Day